We are looking for a dynamic, vibrant personality who will help Grand Forks Young Life flourish. This person is a self-starter with high drive and a missional mindset. He or she loves the Lord and has a growing spiritual life outside of the ministry. This person possesses the perseverance to ask, inspire and motivate adults and students in the ministry. He or she must be able to multitask and prioritize what is necessary at any given time.
- Has a relationship with Jesus Christ and is actively growing in ways outside of the Young Life ministry.
- Develop a yearly personal growth plan that fosters a vibrant spiritual life including time for solitude, retreat, reflection, prayer and a sincere commitment to understanding God’s Word.
- Actively engaged in a local church.
- Adhere to Young Life’s policies for staff people.
- Supervise, lead, train and collaborate with staff and volunteers who serve as team leaders.
- Able to inspire and cast vision, inviting new volunteer committee members and leaders into the ministry while giving them ownership and helping them to develop as leaders.
- Helps plan and execute programmatic events including Bible studies, outreach-related activities, and leader meetings which are often evening meetings. Implements a training program to help volunteers become excellent in their roles and with students.
- Executes a camp strategy that maximizes students' opportunities to respond and react to the Christian faith. Includes weeklong summer camping and weekend camping trips throughout the year as scheduled in addition to summer assignments. Grasps the idea of “relational ministry” and earning the right to be heard in the community.
- Helps grow and direct Young Life College volunteers into Young Life and WyldLife.
- Helps to implement the area’s financial strategy to achieve budgetary goals. This includes personal fundraising, fundraising events and gathering area donations.
- Has a communication plan for the area to reach new and current parents, students, leaders, school administration and committee.
National, Divisional and Regional Responsibilities
- Pursues national, divisional and regional training as assigned. Travels when necessary throughout the year.
- Attends month-long assignments at Young Life properties in the summer when assigned.
- Some of these responsibilities require travel, overnight stays, etc. throughout the year.
- Experience in supervision and development of people.
- Proven relational skills with both students and adults.
- Must be a self-starter/initiator.
- Eager to learn and grow — teachable.
- Passionate about the Lord and teenagers.
- Willingness to participate in evening/weekend events.
- Creativity in making events, meetings and gatherings fun.
- College degree preferred.
- Young Life experience (staff or volunteer) preferred.
- Medical, dental and vision coverage (at no cost to you).
- Paid vacation and sick leave.
- 401(k) matching plan (up to four percent).
- Health club benefit.
- And more!
How to Apply:
Please submit an online application, including resume and cover letter, via the button below.