This 30-hour, part-time position will provide administrative support for the Seattle Metro Team, including direct assistance for two areas and general maintenance of other Seattle areas. This is an opportunity to be a part of a team that impacts the whole city and shapes the culture of Young Life in Seattle. As a metro team, our desire is to constantly strive to be culturally intelligent and have an eye for the marginalized in our communities and ministries, and this job will require working with teams in multiethnic and diverse socio-economic areas. Time will be split between the metro account, North Seattle area, and West Seattle area, including administrative support for South Seattle, Rainier Valley and Seattle YoungLives. This position would ensure that areas are up to date on mission policies and procedures, enabling the area offices within the metro to function in an organized and efficient manner.
For Seattle Metro, we look forward to developing a vibrant staff team in order that we may continue to deepen ministry in our current schools and widen our reach to the next school. There is a dynamic history of Young Life throughout Seattle, and this position will add to the legacy of Young Life in the city, as well as shape the trajectory of it. This administrative position would serve multiple areas for a city-wide vision, strategy and impact.
Written and Verbal Communication
- Respond to phone calls, voicemails and emails in a timely and professional manner.
- Communicate new mission policies and procedures to area staff.
- Prepare quarterly bulk mailings for two areas.
- Send the monthly Emma eNewsletter updates for two areas (North and West Seattle) and a quarterly update for the metro.
- Analyze and interpret policies and guidelines set by the metro team and/or the administrative offices of the Service Center and how to implement them.
- Provide training support to the metro team, area directors, committees and volunteer leaders with processes and applications related to field administration.
- Assist the metro team and local area directors with the administrative workload including organizing and facilitating monthly deadlines as set by the region and Service Center.
- Process and track donations for all Seattle-based accounts including follow up and communication with lapsed donors.
- Maintain donor and leader databases ensuring that leader forms, driver questionnaires and criminal background checks are up to date.
- Manage monthly expenses and budgets for the metro account and area expense reports.
- Assist in coordination of the metro, North Seattle and West Seattle fundraising events and other metro/area events.
- Provide camping administration for North Seattle, West Seattle and Seattle YoungLives.
- Manage the administration of multiple ministry websites.
- Maintain contact databases including the local area donor database, lapsed donor communication, parent database and email distribution lists.
- Administratively assist North Seattle and West Seattle banquets and the metro fundraiser.
- Includes strategy for advertising events, inviting guests, being present at events, sending thank you notes, and tracking sponsorship and giving from events.
- Provide camping administration for North Seattle, West Seattle, and Seattle YoungLives.
- Track camper registration, payments, health forms and fundraising.
- Send communication to parents about camp sign-ups, itineraries and health forms.
- Communicate with camp regarding camp contracts, deposits, forms and call-ins.
Note: This description is not intended, and should not be construed, to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with this job. It is intended to be an accurate reflection of the principal job elements essential for making compensation decisions.
- At least two years of previous administrative experience is preferred, ideally with a large company or church/ministry.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (which includes Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint).
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail and processes with the capability of handling concurrent tasks and interruptions.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Basic accounting skills.
- Proven relational skills with both kids and adults.
- Initiative with developing processes/systems around events — data organization and maintenance.
How to Apply:
Please submit an online application, including resume and cover letter, via the button below.