Tacoma has had Young Life dating back to 1958. In 2000, University Place and North Tacoma became its own area (UPNT) with the desire of reaching all students in the University Place and North Tacoma area.
UPNT is a very diverse area with kids from all ethnic and sociological backgrounds. The area has four large public high schools, one large private high school, six large middle schools, and many other private and specialty schools.
Our area has had ministry at Bellarmine Prep High School for many years, and we are hoping to hire a staff associate to meet students, build a team of leaders, and re-establish ministry at Bellarmine Prep.
The staff associate position will focus on meeting and growing relationships with students, training and establishing a team of leaders, and developing relationships with the community around the school. Training will be given throughout time on staff, but the staff member will be asked to come up with and execute strategies on how we can reach more students for Christ.
- Execute Young Life’s mission to “introduce adolescents to Jesus Christ and help them grow in their faith” through the power of relationships.
- Lead all aspects of the high school and middle school ministry.
- Spend multiple hours per week building relationships with students.
- Plan and operate weekly events for students such as large group events and Campaigners Bible studies.
- Lead, recruit and develop teams of volunteer leaders.
- Lead multiple summer camping trips and serve on camp assignment teams as directed by our regional staff.
- Actively participate in fundraising for the area and raise personal support while also raising awareness of Young Life in the area.
- Consistently spend time with Jesus and grow your personal faith.
- A Catholic background or past experience attending a private Catholic school.
- A deep love for Jesus and a passion for outreach ministry.
- Ability to do multiethnic ministry — reaching students from all backgrounds.
- Strong Christian faith, knowledge of God's Word and ability to lead others to Christ.
- Ability and desire to maintain a flexible, varying schedule that includes evenings and weekends.
- Possess high capacity and high energy level.
- Strong communication skills, both in-person and via technology.
- Comfortable relating to adults of all ages.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- Willingness to build and execute a fundraising strategy (training will be given).
- Young Life experience is helpful but not required.
- Medical, dental and vision coverage (at no cost to you).
- Paid vacation and sick leave.
- 401(k) matching plan (up to four percent).
- Health club benefit.
- And more!
How to Apply:
Please submit an online application, including resume and cover letter, via the button below.